Thirsty and I didn’t even know it.
It began with a realization in church one day and a quiet, barely even whispered prayer.
As I was looking around it dawned on me that so many of my fellow church-goers were deep in communion with God, they were emotional during worship, and they were focused and intent on listening during the sermon. And I wasn’t.
I always love being at church but at that moment and probably for months before my heart wasn’t in it. I closed my eyes and acknowledged this to the Almighty. I didn’t ask for anything, it was more of a confession and sadness.
I thought about that moment recently as the winds of change and turmoil swirled around me.
God heard me that day. And He graciously made me see my need for Him again.
Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can fully share its joy. Proverbs 14:10 NLT
Are you in a holding pattern, a waiting period? Do you know what you are waiting for? Or does it seem like God just isn’t doing anything in your life right now? Do you feel forgotten?
I was thirsty. Thirsty for His power and activity in my life.
Sadly, I had made my life work without Him, again. There was no adventure and no excitement. There was just the even keel.
I wasn’t hearing from Him, again.
And then He shook things up. He reminded me how prone to wander I am. He pulled the rug out from under me to get me back on my knees seeking Him.
I pull up Google Keep – great app, btw – on my phone, tablet or computer to make note of all that He has been teaching or maybe re-teaching me this summer. The list is long. He has been patient in each lesson.
Summer of 2015
- Be holy because God is holy!
- Healthy is holy.
- Fear the Lord and nothing/no one else.
- Don’t rob God. Tithe. Trust. Live generously.
- Be one with your husband. Pray together!
- Love. Love. Love. With no favoritism. Take care of others just as you would yourself.
- Be humble. Humble yourself so God won’t have to do it for you.
- Go. Live for heaven not earth. Live Brave!
- Life is Rough, just keep living day by day. Today is good. Life is Rough but today can be beautiful.
- My life has been incredibly difficult, although most of its troubles I never actually lived. – (I’ve been a worrier.)
- If you’re reading this then as of today you have made it through 100 percent of your worst days.
- Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle. Psalm 144:1
- Marriage: Concern yourself with your character and your spouses needs. Not the other way around.
- At the start of the problem you have to decide what the outcome is that you desire. Do you want to just get the problem solved or do you want to know God better in the end. Because that is going to define how you respond. Do you just find a solution to the problem or do you trust God and let him find the solution. His way always takes longer. It’s harder. But so much better and when he comes to your aid, and He will, you will find the solution and the presence of God.
There is just so much for me to think about as a read and re-read this list. This list is my focus now, it’s what I’l be writing about and hoping to implement in my life. This list is Life to me.
I was thirsty and He gave me Living Water.